LELO Makdous (Walnuts & Almonds Stuffed Eggplant) a L’orange with Yogurt – Appetizer size. Serves 4
- 9 baby eggplants
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 fresh orange
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 pint plain yogurt
- Clean and crush the garlic cloves
- Clean and thinly slice the orange into very small cubes
- Mix the garlic and the salt with the yogurt.
- Place the baby eggplant in the serving plate, pour yogurt on, add the orange slices on the top
- Serve 3 Makdous eggplant per person and add the yogurt, decorated with the orange cubes on the yogurt.
LELO Makdous Pyramid au Zaatar Mix & Yogurt – Appetizer. Serves 4
- 12 LELO stuffed baby eggplants
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup of fresh pomegranate seeds
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 1 endive
- 1 small fresh mint bunch
- Peel the endive to separate leaves
- Crush the garlic cloves to a finely puree finish
- Mix the garlic with the yogurt in a bowl.
- Build the pyramid: put one baby eggplant on one endive leave, add the second endive leave on a cross position over the first one, build a third pyramid layer with the same principle.
- Gently pour the yogurt over the pyramid
- Garnish with the fresh pomegranate seed
- Sprinkle on the sumac
- Finish with a fresh mint leave on the top to decorate.
Also great with:
- Charcuteries platter