- 3 fat duck breasts
- 1¼ cup Red wine
- 1 shallot
- ½ cup of water
- 1 teaspoon black currants
- ½ cup LELO Carob molasses
- 2/3 Cup of butter
- 1 celery root
- 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Peel the celery root and cut it into cubes
- Cook in a boiling water and add the juice to it.
- Puree the cooked celery root, adding two thirds of the butter and season it
- Peel and finely chop the shallot, boil the wine, mix them together, reducing by half
- Add the carob molasses, the water and black currant and reduce by the boil again.
- Once the we have a syrupy sauce, whisk in the remaining butter to finish the sauce
- Using a sharp knives, crisscross the fatty side of the duck breasts, pan-fry them, skin side down for about 10 minutes in a gentle heat, so the fat melts and turns to a brown color.
- Flip the duck breast to cook the other side for an additional 5 minutes
- Once cooked, slice the duck breasts into six pieces, garnish with the sauce, serve with the celery root
CAROB MOLASSES – 314 GM JAR
Grown and cultivated for over 4000 years in the eastern Mediterranean, LELO carob molasses will awaken your senses with a chocolaty flavor. Hand picked, selected and made by the gentle hands of our farmers. It is pure with no chemical or artificial flavorings. Experience as a spread on bread or ladled on ice cream, pastry, yogurt, breakfast cereals, cocktails or to garnish your favorite roast o…