Our Wild Zaatar Mix is totally organic, not certified yet, but your palate will do it for us! Since it is a a mix (oregano, sumac and roasted sesame) it is a recipe by itself so here are multiple options you can use with this delicious mix:
LELO Zaatar Mix with Mussels. Serves 4
- 2 lb fresh mussels
- 1 lemon slice
- 2 shallots finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of Wild LELO Zaatar Mix
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Light sprinkle of dried red pepper flakes
- Garnish with one teaspoon of Wild Zaatar Mix
- Clean the mussels several times with fresh cold water and discard any ones that are closed or empty
- Boil the mussels with a slice of lemon for 3-4 minutes until they start foaming
- While saving the liquid, drain the mussels and remove them from their shells
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a pan and once hot, add the mussels
- After about a minute, add the chopped garlic and shallots
- After five minutes of cooking, lower the heat and add Wild Zaatar Mix, paprika, red pepper flakes and the remaining mussel juice.
- Allow for all of the ingredients to fully combine and remove the pan from the heat.
Serve warm with a sprinkle of Zaatar Mix.